Saturday, March 31, 2012

Galatians

Galatians was written by Paul.  The whole book is only six chapters.  Galatians begins with Paul bearing his testimony.  He preaches about the gospel and prophecies its divinity.  He then goes to Jerusalem were he continues to preach.  He then explains about Christ and resurrection.  He states, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life I live now in the flesh I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me" (2:20).  


Paul angrily tells the Galatians the Law of Moses is no longer needed.  He explains that Christ fulfilled this and that salvation comes through faith in Christ alone.


Paul explains that with Christ we are free.  It is only when we sin that we are put in bondage.




Throughout Galatians, Paul repeats many of the teachings that Christ himself explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment